The Eastern Illinois Estate Planning Council is an excellent resource for information about the latest estate planning developments, analysis, and techniques.
Council members are carefully selected from area professionals who have elevated themselves in the estate planning community. Membership is comprised of professionals in each of the primary disciplines – attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, Chartered Financial Consultants, Chartered Life Underwriters, trust officers, and various other specialists who are principally involved in the estate planning process. All of these professionals pool their knowledge and technical expertise for the advancement of informed estate planning.
The Council hosts six (7) meetings each year, generally on the second or third Tuesdays of September, October, November, January, February, April, and May. One of those 7 meetings involves a full day webcast of the Salvation Army's Red Shield Symposium annual estate and charitable gift planning conference. Each of the remaining meetings features a guest speaker who shares his or her knowledge on a relevant topic. Council members and their guests may attend the meetings by RSVP.
The principal objectives of the Council are:
- To foster a better understanding among estate planning specialists from different disciplines, and to bring those specialists together in one association;
- to further the education of members and the public in matters of estate planning;
- to provide opportunities for estate planning professionals to expand their network;
- to provide an opportunity for a shared learning experience;
- to encourage the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct.